Terms & Conditions
Last updated: December 2022
Estelle Van de Velde is a part-time freelancer that offers self-publishing consultations & interior book formatting (email: vdvestelle.author @ gmail.com). Registered with the Belgian Banque Carrefour des Entreprises under number 0841.170.835.
These Terms & Conditions form an agreement between you (the Client) and Estelle Van de Velde (the Freelancer).
The Freelancer reserves the right to modify, alter, or add services at any time and without prior notice.
BOOK INTERIOR FORMATTING SERVICES
- The fee for interior book formatting includes the following:
- Ebook formatting optimized for Draft2Digital and Amazon KDP.
- Print-ready formatting for KDP Print.
- Appropriate front and back matter.
- Maintaining italics, bold, underlined, strikethrough.
- It is the Client’s responsibility to provide the final version of the manuscript for formatting. The Freelancer does not take responsibility for mistakes related to the content of the provided manuscript (spelling, typographical, grammatical, semantic, lexical, and stylistic).
The REVISIONS for book formatting are accepted and are free during the first month after delivery. After the first delivery is approved by the Client, the additional FEES for the revisions are applied.
The Freelancer guarantees control over the privacy of your ideas, manuscript, and files. These materials won’t be shared or distributed to the third party unless it is the Client’s request.
The Freelancer uses only licensed and royalty-free images and fonts in the projects. Additional fees may be applied in case if the client wants the photo from stock photo sources other than the Freelancer uses.
The Client agrees to abide by the terms of any license agreement for any images purchased by the Freelancer through a third-party image provider for the book interior formatting.
The Client gets copyright and ownership of the book interior formatting once it is validated by them. The Freelancer retains copyright and ownership of all draft materials.
In the case of providing materials for the project, the Client is solely responsible for the validity of copyrights, trademarks, and ownership.
If the Client supplies the Freelancer with materials subject to intellectual property rights by a third party, the Client will secure the appropriate rights to use the materials before directing the freelancer to incorporate them into the project. Should any intellectual property dispute arise involving materials the Client provides, the Client assumes full legal and financial responsibility.
The Client agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend the Freelancer from copyright and permission infringement actions caused by the materials the Client provides.
Upon receipt of full payment, the Freelancer grants the Client full ownership for the book interior formatting.
The Freelancer retains copyright and ownership of all design and draft materials.
The Freelancer retains the right to use the Client’s final book interior formatting, name, and book title in the portfolio and with a marketing purpose.
- The Freelancer requires book interior formatting credit to appear in the Client’s book either on the copyright page. For example: “Book interior formatting by Estelle Van de Velde.”
- The Client is fully responsible for proofing the book interior formatting provided by the Freelancer. It is strongly suggested that the Client requests a proof from the printer before publishing or ordering any copies of the book. At no time will the Freelancer be held financially or legally responsible for any problems, costs, fees or expenses incurred by the Client as a result of using the book interior formatting.
The Freelancer will not release finished files to the Client or other parties until the final payment has been received. The final payment is the final approval of the project. After that, the Client receives all the files without watermarks.
The Freelancer may apply extra fees for changes in the book interior formatting when the month of free revisions after the approval of the book interior formatting is over.
The Freelancer has the right to use the finished book interior formatting unless the Client approves it for 4 weeks since the Freelancer fulfils the order.
The fee for consulting services includes the following: one hour consultation with the Freelancer regarding self-publishing and/or marketing a book.
The Client agrees to pay the full cost of the consultation before the date and time of said consultation.
The Freelancer is not liable for incidental, indirect, consequential, special, punitive, or exemplary damages of any kind, including loss of revenues or profits, loss of business or reputation, or loss of data, in any way related to our services.
The Freelancer is not responsible for any claim, loss, or injury based on errors or any other inaccuracies appearing on our site or in our clients’ written documents, including without limitation because of any breach of the terms and conditions of this agreement.
- The Freelancer uses email as the sole means of communication with the Client.
The Freelancer retains the right to discontinue, withhold, or suspend services for any account should payments not be paid for a contracted job in the order specified in this agreement.
The Freelancer uses PayPal as a payment processing service.
The Client agrees to pay a 50% deposit for the order(s), before the Freelancer starts working on it/them. Once the details are agreed on and the Freelancer starts to work on the agreed services, the deposit is non-refundable.
The Client agrees to pay the full cost for the order(s) upon completion of said order(s).
- The Client or the Freelancer may cancel this agreement at any time before the work confirmation by providing written notice to the other party.
MODIFICATION OF AGREEMENT
- This Agreement may be modified by the parties hereto only by a written supplemental agreement executed by both parties with legal binding power.
- The finding of any provision of this agreement to be invalid or unenforceable does not render the remaining provisions invalid or unenforceable.
- These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Belgium and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that country.